Have a property you’d like to rend out? We can help. Contact us to get started.
Licensed Real Estate Managing Broker in Illinois
Certified Manager of Community Associations®
All of our office staff are licensed Leasing Agents in Illinois
Champaign/Urbana, Savoy, Tolono, Monticello
Neves Group Property Management is a local property management company that specializes in residential property management.
- Single family homes
- Duplexes, 4 plexes
- Small to medium apartment buildings
- Condominium Associations
- Homeowner Associations
- On the Univeristy of Illinois campus
- Off the Univeristy of Illinois campus
1. How does Neves group find a tenant for me?
We advertise your property by; putting an ad on our website www.nevesgroup.com, yard signage, Zillow, Trulia, and other online sources.
2. How does Neves Group screen applicants for my property?
We screen tenants by doing credit checks, employment verification, landlord verification, circuit clerk check. Approval or denial of an applicant is at the discretion of Neves Group.
3. Who do tenants call for maintenance requests?
Tenants call the Neves office. You will never receive a call from the tenant. They don’t even know who you are unless you tell them.
4. How does Neves handle maintenance requests?
The tenant calls in the request to Neves Group. If the request is a regular maintenance request such as leaky faucet, appliance repair, etc we will just fix it and send you an invoice at the end of the month. If the request is a larger ticket item, such as a water heater, HVAC, roof, etc we will contact you and let you know what is going on. This way you are aware of the problem and can plan for less money coming in the next month or you can send us money to pay for the repair.
5. Who holds the tenant security deposit?
Neves Group does. Neves is responsible for refunding this deposit at the end of the lease, we hold it. Security deposits are not used to pay anything, you can not request that Neves use this money to cover any expenses. This money just sits in an account. You are NOT charged a management fee on the security deposit.
6. How do I get the rent money? When?
The tenant pays their rent to Neves Group. Your account details are visible to you in our online portal. The net proceeds are sent to you via ACH transfer by the 15th of the month.
7. Do tenants pay for utilities or do I?
In most cases tenants are responsible for paying all utility bills during the term of their lease, including electricity, gas, water, sewer, and the optional cable & phone. Neves sets up all revert to owner accounts for power and water to be in the name of the owner, c/o Neves Group and the bills are sent to Neves for the time in between tenants. The sewer bills are set up the same way. The sewer bills are sent to Neves Group, billed to you as an expense, billed to the tenants, when the tenants pay the sewer bill, the money is then credited to your account. It is essentially the same as you paying the bills only you don’t have to write a check, you don’t have to remember to fax me the bill and we know that the bills are being charged to the tenants and you don’t accidentally get stuck with the bill.
8. What does Neves Group charge for its property management services?
There is a start up fee of: 1 house $150; $75/each additional unit.
Back up fund $350/house, for multi units amount varies. This amount is your money used to pay expenses, reimbursed to Neves Group monthly.
Monthly management fee is 10% of monies collected for properties in the Champaign-Urbana area and 11% for outside the Champaign-Urbana area. Neves Group charges 10-11% of any money collected from tenant including rent, late fees, utility reimbursements, etc. *No management fee is charged on Security Deposits
9. Will Neves Group find a tenant and then turn the management back over to the owner?
No, Neves Group only does full service property management. We do not have a tenant finding service for owners that are not our clients.
Hopefully these questions and answers give you some idea as to how Neves Group manages property. Our goal as a company is to not lose touch with the individuality of each owner. Every owner has their reasons for wanting to rent their property. We try to accommodate as much as possible. If you have any other questions that you would like answered please give us a call.
- Advertising property for rent
- Showing property
- Collecting Applications
- Verifying information on applications
- Approving or denying applicants
- Signing Leases
- Collecting & holding security deposits
- Key disbursement
- Rent collection
- Local contact for the tenants
- Receive maintenance requests
- Hire & supervise maintenance items
- Coordinate turnover between tenants
- Keep records for tenant charges and payments
- Keep records for owner charges, credits, payments
- Monthly statement and rent disbursement to owner
- Rent collected minus management fee
- Expenses, such as maintenance, utility, etc
- Disbursement via bank transfer
- Suggest preventative maintenance when needed
Community Association Management (Condo/HOA)*
Professional Association Management
*Licensed CMCA®—Certified Manager of Community Associations®
- Monthly reports
- Bank reconcilation
- Assessment Collection
- Attend meetings as requested
- Maintenance coordination & estimates
- Other duties as requested
Here are some documents that may be of interest to you:
You may want to check out our resources page for documents that may be of interest.